A truly British phenomenon
And phenomenon is the word. Since 2014, senior schools across Britain have been creating lavish ‘wedding-like’ events not in their dusty school hall but in up-market hotels and function rooms across the UK. Why? Well we can only imagine it is the ‘Americanisation’ of British culture.
So where has all this come from?
If you reside in Essex, then you can simply google ‘school prom’ and up come lots of very helpful sites like www.essexpromsguide.co.uk. This site specifically has done lots of the hard work for you. If you are the organiser it will help you find the perfect venue right through to the finishing touches or as they put it ‘pimping your prom’. They have a great checklist that you can download which will ensure that no stone is left unturned to making your school’s prom night the best ever.
A quote from a young lady attending a prom last year summed it up perfectly:
“My dad was behind me all the way when I asked him to pay for my school prom. I said, Dad, I could get married over and over again but I’m only ever going to get one school prom!”
Of course, Mum and Dad went all out and even did a pre-prom party at home for this lovely young lady and her friends to make sure she had the best experience ever.
Our Top Tips on containing that budget!
- Arriving in a Helicopter/Ferrari/Bugatti is not only LONELY but just plain cheesy – a beautiful stretch limo will be perfect and you can share the cost with other parents OR a party bus (seats 16 so you spread the cost even further) is just as funky! Inside of our most popular Party Bus which seats 16 guests!
- Check out Facebook Selling Groups and Gumtree or even Ebay for the perfect prom dress. Remember it is likely that it has only been worn once! Your local dressmaker will make it fit like a glove!
- Oxfam sell prom suitable suits. Sounds wrong, but most boys will not know the difference as long as it is tailored.
- Use a Hire firm to get your boy all suited and booted. It is likely the next time he will wear a tux is when he is a bit older and he will probably of filled out a bit by then so it won’t fit him!
- There will ALWAYS be a parent that spends more money on their prom than seems entirely rational! Yes they are mad but that is up to them – it’s not wrong but nor it is compulsory!
- Chat to your son or daughter’s best friend’s parents – see what you can all do to make the experience memorable but without breaking the bank. Remember, when they look back, the best memories will be what they actually did and who they did it with NOT how coiffed their hair was or how tanned they looked. As much as we do live in Essex, there will always be somebody who looks like they have just finished on the set of The Only Way is Essex… this reflection of the perfect image will not improve their overall Prom experience so keep it real!
And since this is our blog, we get to plug our stuff – so have a look at all our fantastic fleet of limos and party buses… all with amazing interiors perfect to ensure your son or daughter and their best friends arrive in style.
We still have some dates available for 2017 Prom Season so call us on 01376 341787 or email email@example.com for a quote today!
The largest selection of Prom Limos and Party Buses in the South-East